To see directions to this location, please enter a starting street address and town or ZIP code and click to get directions.
Thunderbird Internal Medicine Summit Medical Group Arizona is proud to offer clinical research studies to the public. We have teamed with Radiant Research, a 20+ year-old company that partners with leading medical practices, to evaluate new medical treatments in controlled scientific settings.
COLON AND RECTAL SURGERY
Colorectal surgery at Summit Medical Group Arizona treats illnesses and injuries of the colon, rectum, and anus. Our highly qualified surgeon has expertise in open, laparoscopic, and colonoscopy surgery.
- Most colorectal surgery repairs the bowel, removes blockages, or tightens the sphincter muscles in patients who have:
- Anal fissures
- Bowel incontinence
- Colorectal cancer
- Crohn's disease
- Pelvic floor disorders
- Rectal prolapse
- Ulcerative colitis
Endocrinology at Summit Medical Group Arizona provides treatment for endocrine diseases that can affect your glands. Our endocrinologist treats hormone imbalances that are often complex and involve many systems in the body.
General surgeons at Summit Medical Group Arizona treat a variety of illnesses and injuries for patients in the New Jersey and the New York metropolitan area. Our highly qualified surgeons have expertise in open surgery and laparoscopic surgery. Depending on your needs, your surgeon will decide which approach is best for you.
Our most common procedures include those for the:
Thunderbird Internal Medicine Summit Medical Group Arizona offers regular Hemorrhoid Clinics led by colon-rectal specialists Adrienne Forstner-Barthell MD and Elizabeth McConnell, MD. A common health concern, hemorrhoids occur when blood vessels inside the anal canal swell causing pain and sometimes bleeding. While many can be treated through dietary changes and medication, some require laser treatment or surgery.
Doctors of internal medicine, or internists, diagnose and treat diseases in adults. Sometimes known as a general practitioner or the “doctor’s doctor,” internists often work with surgeons, obstetricians, and other physicians to help solve complicated primary care problems in diagnosis and treatment. They also coordinate patient care where it is needed, including in the office, clinic, hospital, intensive care, or nursing home.
Internists at Summit Medical Group Arizona are primary care physicians who are experts in treating patients with common as well as rare diseases. They skillfully diagnose problems and manage severe chronic illnesses in patients who have more than one condition or disease. Our experienced internists / general practitioners consider all aspects of a patient’s health. In addition to diagnosis and treatment, they promote good health by teaching patients about wellness.
Podiatry at Summit Medical Group Arizona helps keep you on your feet with care, treatment, and surgery of the feet, ankles, and certain conditions of the lower legs.
- Echocardiogram (ECHO)
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Electromyogram (EMG) and Nerve Conduction Studies
- Sleep Studies
General Internal Medicine Services
Thunderbird Office - Building F, Suite F1
Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - 1:00 pm Urgent Care Only
Thunderbird Office - Building C, Suite C1
Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Thunderbird Office - Building G, Suite G2
Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Thunderbird Internal Medicine Summit Medical Group Arizona accepts most major insurance plans, including, but not limited to those listed below. Contact your health insurance provider to verify your benefits and limitations. Patients are ultimately responsible for verifying their health insurance coverage. The following list of providers is subject to change without notice. Please contact us with any questions you might have.
- AARP/UHC/Optum Medicare Network-LifePrint Network & AARP Medicare Complete Plan 1 & Plan 2
- Accountable Health Plan
- Admar Network
- Aetna Medicare Open (PFFS only)
- Aetna Open Choice PPO, Traditional Choice, Healthfund PPO, and Aetna Choice POS II; Student Health Plan for Grand Canyon and Midwestern Universities
- Ameriplan & AmeriBen(BCBS or AZFMC) No JCL/Scottsdale/Honor Health or Banner Network
- Arizona Foundation for Medical Care (Maricopa Foundation)
- Banner Choice Plus, Banner 250 & Banner 500
- Banner Health Network: Includes BCBS Medicare Advantage, Choice Plus, Select, MediSun One, HeartSmart, Premier,
- Blue Cross of Arizona, PPO, HMO and Indemnity (we do not take Medicare Blue Alliance, Everyday Health Alliance, Everyday Health Select, BCBS Secure Network)
- Champus- Tricare Standard, Select & Reserve; ChampVA and Tricare for Life
- Cigna –Healthspring, PPO,HMO do not take:Cigna Medical Group, Cigna Connect Network
- Compass Cooperative Mutual-AFMC
- Coventry – (also known as First Health)
- Galaxy/MedNet – patient pays 85% of billed at time of service as payment in full **(Not all of our Physicians are contracted, please ask if your doctor accepts this plan)
- Health Net-PPO & HMO, Open Access, Indemnity, Choice and Excelcare. Not contracted with: HN Community Care HMO, Ambetter, plans with Banner Health Network
- HMN (includes Multiplan and PHCS)
- Humana Medicare only no commercial plans
- Insurance Exchange 2016/2017: Not contracted with any plans on the Marketplace, HealthNet Ambetter
- Integrated Health Plan – 81% of billed
- Mailhandlers through Coventry Network
- MCS Patient Centered Health Care Network PPO
- Medicare Advantage Plans: BCBS Az Advantage, Humana, Optum Medical Network, AARP Medicare Complete Plan 1 & Plan 2, Cigna HealthSpring
- Medicare, part B
- Multiplan – See HMN
- Optum Medical Medicare Advantage
- PHCS – See HMN
- Railroad Medicare
- Sterling Option 1
- Three Rivers PPO
- Tricare – See Champus above
- UnitedHealthCare (including Health Partners Health Plan) **AARP- see AARP above. Not United Healthcare Compass or Navigate
- USA Health Network
New Patient Forms
New patients, please select and complete the appropriate registration form and bring it to your first visit to Thunderbird Internal Medicine Summit Medical Group Arizona.
Other Patient Forms
- New Patient Authorization to Obtain Records for Internal Medicine Provider (from another office)
- New Patient Authorization to Obtain Records for Specialty Provider (from another office)
- Established Patient Authorization to Obtain Records (from another office)
- Colonoscopy Packet
- Medical History and Medication
- Sleep Study Questionnaire
YOU CAN NOW PAY YOUR BILLS, SEE YOUR BILLING STATEMENT, AND MANAGE YOUR ACCOUNT AFTER REGISTERING ON OUR SECURE PATIENT PORTAL.
The portal will allow you to communicate with us easily, safely, and at your convenience. You can now access it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get personal health information. This portal replaces our previous systems, but you can still access them if you want to review your data.