Hanson, Kristin, MD, FACE
5620 W. Thunderbird Rd., Suite F-1
Glendale, AZ 85306
- St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
Bachelor of Science:
- Microbiology, Arizona State University
- MS, Medical Informatics, Northwestern University Online
- MBA, Health Care Management, University of Phoenix Online
Internship and Residency:
- Carl T. Hayden VA Medical Center/Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ
- Endocrinology Fellowship, Phoenix Citywide Endocrinology & Metabolism Fellowship Program, Phoenix, AZ
- Bone and Mineral Metabolism Studies, Columbia University Medical School, New York, NY
Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE)
Kristin Hanson, MD, is part of Summit Medical Group Arizona’s Endocrinology team. Dr. Hanson provides a full spectrum of adult endocrine services including thyroid ultrasound and needle biopsy services, with a special interest in diabetic care. Dr. Hanson earned her medical degree from St. Louis University School of Medicine. Prior to joining Summit Medical Group Arizona, Dr. Hanson worked as an endocrinologist for the Geriatric Specialists of Arizona.
Dr. Hanson enjoys communicating with patients and helping them to improve their wellbeing. She aims to be approachable and strives to address any concerns her patients may have. She prioritizes listening without judgment and does her best to help her patients put their health issues in perspective with the rest of their life. “I see endocrinology as a puzzle that can only be solved by understanding as much as possible about my patients from a health and lifestyle perspective,” says Dr. Hanson.
Dr. Hanson belongs to the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, for which she has served on the Technology Committee and Diabetes Resource Committee. She has also served as the Arizona Chapter President for the American Diabetes Association.
Dr. Hanson is an animal lover and supports animal rescue organizations. When she isn’t helping patients, Dr. Hanson enjoys spending time with her dogs and horses, some of which are rescue animals. Dr. Hanson’s hobbies also include quilting and gardening.